This course encapsulates the safety regulation of the workers working in permit required confined spaces. It instructs about the hazards that may occur during the work in confined spaces.
OSHA is striving to provide safety to the workers in all required disciplines by providing courses such as this one, which helps workers to learn about industry hazards, specially in confined spaces.
– Given OSHA historical events and current information, the student will be able to explain the importance of OSHA in providing a safe and healthful workplace to workers covered by OSHA.
– Locate OSHA Standards references applicable to specific hazardous conditions and practices (Introduction to OSHA Standards)
– Recognize the aspects of 1926 Subpart C (General Safety and Health Provisions)
– Implement preventative measures for accidents in their workplace (Subpart D – Occupational health and Environmental Controls)
– Describe types of personal protective equipment (PPE), and the requirements for use in OSHA standards (Subpart E – Personal Protective Equipment)
– Understand the requirements for fire protection in the workplace (Subpart F – Fire Protection and Prevention)
– Identify types of rigging equipment used to protect employees (Subpart H – Rigging; Subpart N – Cranes and Rigging)
– Identify the critical health and safety hazards of welding and cutting in the construction industry (Subpart J – Welding and Cutting)
– Implement measures for protecting workers and equipment from dangerous falls (Subpart M – Fall Protection)
– Recognize the hazards associated with working in or around excavation sites (Subpart P – Excavations)
– Understand the safety requirements necessary to protect workers around concrete and masonry jobs (Subpart Q – Concrete and Masonry)
– Identify the precautions and hazards to protect workers using explosives or blasting agents (Subpart T – Demolition)
– Protect workers who perform jobs on or around stairways or ladders at worksites (Subpart X – Stairways and Ladders)
– List and describe the hazards and prevalence of confined spaces
– Identify common electrical hazards and related OSHA standards (Subpart K – Electrical Standards)
– Understand the importance of scaffolding for workers in elevated workplaces (Subpart L – Scaffolding)