As of January 1, 2024, anyone performing the transport of asbestos-containing materials and/or the disposal of asbestos-containing waste is required to have this training.
CHC Training is a WorkSafeBC Authorized Asbestos Training Agency since 2023. This certification is for individuals involved in the transportation and disposal of asbestos-containing waste. It covers the basics of asbestos safety, including transport and disposal procedures. This course is also recommended for those seeking general information and awareness surrounding asbestos work.
This class is designed to provide students with basic information about asbestos, topics include:
- What is Asbestos?
- A Brief History of Asbestos
- Health Effects of Asbestos Exposure
- Where can asbestos be found today?
- Workers Compensation Act and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Regulation
- Waste Transportation and Disposal.
Course is taught in compliance with WorkSafeBC and OHS regulatory standards.
No pre-requisite, online (asynchronous)
- Worker’s Compensation Act
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) regulation
Following the completion of this course, the student must pass a written examination with a score of 80% or better. Once the training is completed and the examination is passed, students will need to apply for their certification from WorkSafeBC. Certification is valid for three years.
- Reliable internet
- Desktop, laptop, or mobile device. For best results, use a large screen display
- A quiet environment to take the class
Pre-registration is necessary, and payment must be made upon enrollment. Refunds allowed for any reason up for up to 3 days. Please refer to our Refund Policy before placing an order.